Helical Static Mixers
This mixer is widely used in industries. These mixers are most appropriate for medium viscosity and density fluids.
Mixing principles of these mixers depend on three characteristics of Division, Conversion, and Inversion.
Flow division: When fluid passes through this mixer, fluid is divided into two separate layers for each element. Total number of division after passing from n-element is calculated using x=2^n formula; which means that if there are 18 elements in the mixer, fluid is divided into 262144 parts.
Flow conversion: Fluid moves across elements due to pressure. Elements’ helical wall causes central fluids to move toward the wall and wall fluids toward the center. As a result, a speed difference is created in fluidized molecules leading to fluid shear.
Inversion: Movement direction of fluid changes 180° from one element to the other. This direction reversion creates turbulence in the fluid and increases mixing power.
1) Water and wastewater treatment;
2) Mixing gas/liquid and liquid/liquid;
3) Chemical reaction with high and low viscosity;
4) Producing oil emulsion with water;
5) Producing biodiesel fuel;
6) Mixing anti-oxidants with other additives;
7) Injection of flocculator;
8) Viscosity adjustment;
9) pH control;
10) Homogenizing the lines in order for sampling; and
11) Mixing two or more with liquid resins.
Materials that can be ordered include:
Body material: steel 304 or 316L
Flange: standard, ASME, DIN, and JIS
- Making removable elements;
-Element made from pure Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE);
-Elements’ coating is PE and Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP); and
- Installing injection quills before the Elements.